Gaia-X is the European Association for Data and Cloud AISBL with a mission to design a federated data infrastructure focusing on data sovereignty and availability, based on European standards and values. In a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organisations have already actively participated in the design of Gaia-X. Of these, 75 percent belong to the private sector, 40% of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The federation concept creates room for self-determination, which in Europe is greatly appreciated, and provides the basis for innovations. Gaia-X will define common mechanisms to enable interoperability and portability of data and services across multiple cloud sources, thus enabling a new era of the European digital economy. The joint endeavour of hundreds of representatives from business industries, research institutions and government aims to create new rules for cloud and data services to let organisations and individuals retain full control over their data and empower them to make independent decisions about how and who can access it.
Further information on www.gaia-x.eu
External Stakeholder Engagement Officer
We are looking for an “External Stakeholder Engagement Officer” to support the CMO office daily workflow and the execution of Gaia-X’s communication strategy and 360 Communications.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Act as Gaia-X’s first port of call for public affairs and stakeholder engagement and capacity building activities providing content support, and expert advice
- Liaise with relevant external audiences including government officials, business community and the press, where necessary
- Identify and shape opportunities for engagement by maximising and optimising the impact of external activities
- Set up the agenda; lead and deliver a calendar of large and specific stakeholder engagement meet-ups.
Communications and Content:
- Public Affairs, content writing and high-level stakeholder engagement related to Gaia-X framework and in support to internal/external relations
- Tracking and reporting KPIs, quality assurance processes milestones and deliverables across 360 communications
- Coordination of marketing and communication activities to ensure timely execution, high audience engagement and effective dissemination of information in a timely manner
- Proactively create opportunities to raise the profile of Gaia-X, particularly within the business community.
Experience and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree and master’s in communications, Marketing, Public Affairs or relevant experience.
- Project Management expertise to multi-task across various comms activities
- Practical experience of delivering a communications and engagement service
- Experience dealing with stakeholders (internal or external) and stakeholder engagement
- Experience handling media relations and leading multi-channel communication campaigns
- Ability to analyse and interpret varied data to prepare clear and concise reports, e-newsletters, web content, briefings, and presentations for a variety of audiences
- Comfortable engaging with senior leaders across public, private, and academic sectors and be able to provide professional insight and advice on engagement activities
- Ability to manage, co-ordinate and process complex and competing workloads to tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively work with an internationally distributed community of people using online communication and collaboration tools (Office365, Teams), among others
- Common sense and rational with straightforward, solutions-oriented, clear, concise and succinct verbal and written communication, bringing results and initiative
- Native or C2 level English Speaker. Any other languages are welcome.
- Hard working
- Good command of desktop and web publishing tools, social media metrics, measurement tactics
Interviews will be allowed within this designated time frame, and we therefore strongly advice candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Thank you for your consideration.