Events Manager (m/w/x)
Established in 2021 as a privately funded not-for-profit Association, Gaia-X brings together an international community of different players from different sectors that aim to boost the European data economy by enabling the creation of common data spaces in full alignment with the objectives of the EU’s data strategy and building an open common standard for transparent, controllable and interoperable data infrastructures.
Open to anyone but aligned to the European values of human-centricity, transparency, openness and sovereignty, Gaia-X’s ambition is to deliver unprecedented opportunities for innovative data-driven business models reducing the dependency on non-controllable technologies.
More information on http://www.gaia-x.eu.
“Events Manager (m/w/x)” – We are offering the unique opportunity to join a highly visible and fast-growing organisation and boost the communications strategy by directly contributing to delivering a range of high-profile events, in-person, hybrid and virtual, to large audiences.
- Flexible working conditions: Onsite and/or remote; Presence at Brussels’ HQ monthly.
Role & Responsibility:
- You will be responsible for Events Management, working under the supervision of the Communications Director in alignment with the communication strategy
- You will ensure the development and production of complex events from A to Z with the support of the communications team
- You will also have the opportunity to be not only the events organiser but also a moderator and presenter and be on stage when and if required to drive the event
- You will identify suppliers (venues, AV, catering, events platforms, logistics, etc.)
- You will manage the suppliers and event staff to set up the event
- You will manage large volumes of confidential data
- You will work with internal stakeholders to manage the invitation list
- You will oversee and track events budgets
- You have at least a minimum of five years experience in organising events, in-person, hybrid and virtual, ideally
- You delivered a high volume of successful events, working on multiple events and activities simultaneously
- Experience in managing event platforms for the delivery of hybrid events, ideally
- Experience with CRMs and Email Marketing Systems, ideally
- Experience in budget management
- Administration skills, including Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding the changing events industry landscape, technical and production approach, open to identifying new ways of working to recommend improvements and adjustments to current events, planning and processes
- Opportunities for EU travelling and possibly internationally.
- Good communications skills with different hierarchies and cultures
- Stakeholder and Relationship Management, supporting your know-how to coordinate complex cross-project processes and communication
- You are a structured, well-organised, and proactive team player with a flexible attitude and with a hands-on mentality, fluent in English and at least one other European language.
- An international, multicultural, open-minded working environment with a collaborative, hands-on approach, room to take additional responsibilities and open communication through all levels with strong links to the senior management of Gaia-X
- Flexible working model (onsite/remote) and contract options to welcome smart people like you who are willing to make a difference
- Flat hierarchies, freedom to act, and inspiring, enthusiastic colleagues
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 06/01/2022 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: email@example.com indicating Your Name – Events Manager in the subject.
Please follow the application instructions. Incomplete or wrongly submitted applications will be disregarded.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.