Junior Technical Project Manager (m/w/x)
Gaia-X is the European Association for Data and Cloud AISBL with a mission to design a federated data infrastructure focusing on data sovereignty and availability based on European standards and values. In a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organisations have already actively participated in the design of Gaia-X. Of these, 75 per cent belong to the private sector, 40% of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The federation concept creates room for self-determination, which in Europe is greatly appreciated, and provides the basis for innovations. Gaia-X will define common mechanisms to enable interoperability and portability of data and services across multiple cloud sources, thus enabling a new era of the European digital economy. The joint endeavour of hundreds of representatives from business industries, research institutions, and the government aims to create new rules for cloud and data services to let organisations and individuals retain full control over their data and empower them to make independent decisions about how and who can access it.
Further information on www.gaia-x.eu
We are looking for a “Junior Technical Project Manager (m/w/x)” able to support the Program Manager in gathering technical requirements for data infrastructures across sectoral data spaces, the Working Groups and their Leads in defining the agendas, activities and contribute to the definition of the Gaia-X Framework documents.
- Onsite and/or remote presence in Brussels’ HQ monthly
Role & Responsibility:
- Work closely with the Program Manager in grooming Requirements and preparing our agile sprint work.
- Reviewing technical requirements for completeness, clarity and general cohesion.
- Monitor the Working Groups and support the creation and definition of Gaia-X Framework documents.
- Minimum of three years experience in IT with a technical background in an international business or NPO Tech-environment
- Profound knowledge of the Scrum Methodology and tools.
- Ability to facilitate meetings (take minutes and lead the process, guiding the team to results)
- Ability to keep the overview and connect content across Working Groups
- Good communication with different hierarchies and cultures
- Structured, well-organised, and pro-active team player with a hands-on mentality, fluent in English and at least one other European language
- An international, multicultural, open-minded work environment with a collaborative, hands-on approach, room to take additional responsibilities and open communication through all levels with strong links to the senior management of Gaia-X
- Flexible working model (onsite/remote) and contract options to welcome smart people like you who are willing to make a difference
- Flat hierarchies, freedom to act, and inspiring, enthusiastic colleagues
- Joining one of the leading associations in Brussels and being at the heart of one of the biggest projects in Europe
- A competitive salary based on experiences and merits
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 30/12/2022 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Your Name – Junior Technical Project Manager in the subject.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.