Membership & Operations Officer
Gaia-X is the European Association for Data and Cloud with a mission to design a federated data infrastructure focusing on data sovereignty and availability, based on European standards and values. In a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organizations have already actively participated in the design of GAIA-X. Of these, 75 percent belong to the private sector, half of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The federation concept creates room for self-determination, which in Europe is greatly appreciated, and provides the basis for innovations. GAIA-X will define common mechanisms to enable interoperability and portability of data and services across multiple cloud sources, thus enabling a new era of the European digital economy. The joint endeavour of hundreds of representatives from business industries, research institutions and government aims to create new rules for cloud and data services to let organizations and individuals retain full control over their data and empower them to make independent decisions about how and who can access it. Further information www.gaia-x.eu.
Job context and description
The Membership & Operations Assistant/Officer facilitates the operation of Gaia-X office, takes care of the mail management and the service requests and s/he supports for a smoother communication flow. S/he will be responsible for efficiently providing membership administration and support services to members. S/he will be working with the Community & Funding Manager and the CFO. The tasks to be carried out include:
- Mail management: process information request through a ticket system and ensure that all requests reach the correct person
- Deliver an excellent level of service to members, ensuring well-informed and prompt responses to membership enquiries
- Support to develop and implement tools, channels and activities to ensure a smooth membership sign up and payment process
- Accurately maintain, record and update the CRM database
- Ensure the CRM database and individual membership records are maintained in line with GDPR
- Support with invoices, reminders, and follows up on payments
- Provide consistently high-quality customer service to members through all forms of communication including phone, email, letter
- Support with the organizations of meetings (organization, minutes, etc.)
- Attendance at team and organisational meetings as required
- Monitor funding opportunities
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected, and which are commensurate with the level of the post
- Experience of working within the membership function of a professional organization
- University degree
- Strong skills and experience in using a membership CRM database (Super Office)
- Sound knowledge and experience of using key applications (e.g., Excel)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy in recording statistical data and providing reports
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to different work approaches, settings and languages
- Cultural and political sensitivity in relations with internal colleagues, national members, partners and external stakeholders
- Speaks and writes good English, plus fluency in French
- Good understanding of Gaia-X project
Salary and Conditions
Membership and Operations Officer or Assistant (based on the experience of candidates).
A competitive salary package based on 13.92 months is offered including extra benefits which will be commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 30 September 2021 to Alessandra Perna, Community and Funding Manager at email@example.com. Interviews will be done on a rolling basis starting from the first week of the advertisement and starting date will be agreed upon with the selected candidate, preferably as soon as possible.