Gaia-X is the European Association for Data and Cloud AISBL with a mission to design a federated data infrastructure focusing on data sovereignty and availability, based on European standards and values. In a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organizations have already actively participated in the design of Gaia-X. Of these, 75 percent belong to the private sector, 40% of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The federation concept creates room for self-determination, which in Europe is greatly appreciated, and provides the basis for innovations. Gaia-X will define common mechanisms to enable interoperability and portability of data and services across multiple cloud sources, thus enabling a new era of the European digital economy. The joint endeavour of hundreds of representatives from business industries, research institutions and government aims to create new rules for cloud and data services to let organizations and individuals retain full control over their data and empower them to make independent decisions about how and who can access it.
Further information on www.gaia-x.eu
We are looking for a “Program Management Officer for Gaia-X Technical Projects and Gaia-X Hubs” to support the collaboration of Gaia-X Association with the international Gaia-X technical projects, use cases and business cases that are created and visible in the international Gaia-X Hubs. Also, the Gaia-X Hub coordination and project management support are part of the duties.
- Project management tasks of technical Gaia-X projects (using Gaia-X technologies and labels) which are developed and executed outside the Association. These projects are closely linked to the Gaia-X Committees and Working Groups activities and deliverables;
- Tracking and reporting of the external Gaia-X projects, milestones and deliverables;
- Close collaboration with the Gaia-X Committees and Working Groups that create and maintain the Gaia-X deliverables, i.e. the specifications, the Labelling Framework and the Open-Source Software reference implementation.
- Coordination of Gaia-X Hubs in relation with Gaia-X technical projects.
Experience and Competences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other relevant technical field;
- Program and Project Management experience (Prince2 or PMP, ITIL V3 or V4);
- Ability to effectively work with an internationally distributed community of people using online communication and collaboration tools (Office365, Teams);
- Good command of English
- A full-time role in a dynamic, flexible and international working environment where you can take initiative, responsibility and grow professionally.
- Joining one of the leading associations in Brussels and being at the heart of one of the biggest projects in Europe.
- A competitive salary based on experiences and merits.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 09/01/2021 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Finance and HR Manager: email@example.com
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.