February 6 @ 10:00 - 12:00 CET
The European manufacturing sector is the backbone of a country’s social and economic development. However, like many other sectors, it faces challenges, and its’ innovativeness fluctuates across Europe. To prosper, it is essential to tailor an approach to each manufacturing business through data-driven insights. Therefore, Gaia-X has set the goal of supporting European businesses to fully profit from the digital market and prosper in a data-driven economy. Business data privacy is to be ensured, so companies stay in control entirely. Manufacturing data spaces may be established confidently and at scale using the Gaia-X framework, enabling them to be sovereign and federated. These data spaces integrate existing data initiatives in a federated structure and invite new initiatives to join the federation, to enhance national and international growth.
- 10:00 – 10:10 – Welcome and Introduction – Francesco Bonfiglio, Gaia-X CEO
- 10:10 – 10:30 – Keynote speech – John Blankendaal, Gaia-X Manufacturing Vertical Lead
- 10:30 – 11:45 – Panel Discussion: Overview of Manufacturing Data Space in Europe & Needs and challenges in the sector. Expectations from the vertical. How are you going to contribute?
- Moderator: Peter Verkoulen, Gaia-X Hub Netherlands coordinator
- John Blankendaal, Gaia-X Manufacturing Vertical Lead
- Jean Brangé, French Gaia-X Smart Manufacturing Lead
- Thomas Hahn, Gaia-X Board Member and Chair of Data Space Business Committee
- Christian Bölling, Gaia-X Lighthouse project EuProGigant
- Ernst Stoeckl-Pukall, German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection
- Rob de Beule, Gaia-X Lighthouse project Smart Connected Supplier Network
- Oscar Lazaro, Coordinator of EU DATA SP4CE, EC Digital Europe Programme Project
- 11:45 – 12:00 – Conclusions and Q&A – John Blankendaal, Gaia-X Manufacturing Vertical Lead