Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information in order to:
- Operate, maintain and support the website.
- Store and process personal information in our CRM system.
- Use personal information to send you the Gaia-X newsletter if you subscribed.
- Process your job application if you applied for one of our jobs.
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Any other reason with your consent to the disclosure or for which we provide you with the required notice.
What kind of information do we collect and for what purpose?
We collect the following information:
- Surfing on this website
Gaia-X gathers and automatically stores log file information on t a third party dedicated web server, which your browser deposited with us while you were surfing. The key data that we store may include:
- Type of browser/browser version
- Type of device used
- Number of Visits
- Average length of a visit
- Bounce rate
- Actions performed (e. g. clicking on elements or external links)
- Location / IP address (anonymised)
The data is saved through Google Analytics and your IP address is automatically anonymised. It is saved for a period of 38 months (in Google’s databases) and will be automatically deleted after this period.
- Contact Forms
On our website, you have the option of getting in contact with us via several contact forms. The information you impart via the contact forms is usually:
- First name
- Last name
- Company’s location
The personal data imparted to us will be used exclusively for the purpose of processing your enquiry. Your data will be stored in our SuperOffice CRM system and will be deleted after processing your query. Some of the forms, here & here store submission data in the website’s database that we delete periodically or immediately upon request
- Newsletter Subscription
If you subscribe to our Newsletter, we will use the following information to send periodic emails regarding products, services, general information about Gaia-X as well as for marketing purposes if you subscribed to the Gaia-X newsletter. Your data will be stored in our SuperOffice CRM system.
- First name
- Last name
- Job Advertisements
We also publish job advertisements on our website. When you apply for a vacancy at Gaia-X, we will collect and process your personal data as a job applicant. This may include:
- First name
- Last name
- Email-address and telephone number
- Details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history
- Any other information in your application you choose to share with us (e.g. hobbies)
We kindly request that you only submit personal data about yourself in your job application or CV or other relevant material you choose to provide to us, to the extent such information is relevant for the specific position you are applying for. For this reason, please consider whether there is any personal information, such as health information, information on family relations or similar, that is not necessary for Gaia-X’s recruitment process. Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the Human Resources and recruitment team and interviewers involved in the recruitment process. When you gave your consent we may contact references that you supply to us, as well as former employers, academic institutions and credentialing or licensing organizations to help us evaluate and confirm your qualifications for employment opportunities at Gaia-X. This will necessarily involve a limited disclosure of your personal information to those individuals or entities. Your data will be processed and stored on our email accounts and servers provided and operated by 1&1 IONOS SE in Germany. If your application is unsuccessful, we will hold your data for a period of six months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. This is necessary for the burden of proof in the event of a legal claim. We will delete your data after this period of time. If your application is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file on our server and retained during your employment.
What is the legal basis for our collection and further processing of your personal information?
We collect and process personal information from you: Where we have your consent according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. a) GDPR Where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest when processing the data listed in clause 4 includes the following purposes:
- Processing youenquiries you sent within the contact forms
- Ensuring a seamless establishment of the connection
- Ensuring the comfortable use of our website
- Assessing the system security and stability
Our legitimate interests may include contacting you for information about transferring your data and operational processes of the website. Where the processing is necessary in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract according to Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. b) GDPR. This includes assessing and processing your job application (administration of the recruitment process and evaluation of the application) and contacting you in this regard. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Online presence and website optimization Social Media Plugins
Based on Art. 6 Sec. 1 S. 1 lit. f) GDPR, we place plugins for the social networks Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and the Gaia-X Member Network Nextcloud (???) on our website, which lead to the Gaia-X profiles of these social networks. The responsibility for the data protection compliant operation is to be guaranteed by each provider respectively. We do not control the collection or further processing of personal information related to your use of the Gaia-X Website that may be undertaken by third parties like Twitter LinkedIn, Facebook or YouTube through your use of their login functions. We therefore strongly suggest that you review their privacy policies, terms of service and privacy controls. With this in mind:
Links to and from external Websites
Our website uses Google Analytics that save cookies on your computer. Those cookies enable us to analyze your use of the website and monitor performance. We use this information to provide a high-quality experience through identifying and fixing issues, improving performance, and highlighting the most popular content based on the interest of the visitors derived through statistical analysis. For this purpose, user information generated through the cookie (including your abbreviated IP address) is transferred to Google’s servers and stored for the purpose of analysing website usage, which supports our website optimization. Your IP address is immediately anonymized in this process, so that you remain anonymous to us as a user.. If you do not agree with the storage and analysis of data from your visit, you can prevent Google Analytics cookies from being used by activating the corresponding settings in your browser software or use the Opt-out Browser Add-on by Google. However, note that fully disabling cookies in your browser may result in your not being able to make complete use of all functions on this website. Additionally, you can dissent to the storage and analysis at any time by clicking on the link “Cookie Configuration” placed at the bottom (footer) of all the pages in our website and disabling the statistics cookies through the preferences panel. In this case, Google Analytics will stop tracking your visit, the scripts required for its function will cease to function and Google will collect no data from your sessions on this website.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy (Art. 16 and 17 GDPR).
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information (Art. 18 GDPR) or request portability of your personal information (Art. 20 GDPR). Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy.
- You have the right to opt-out of our newsletter we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the marketing e-mails we send you.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time (Art. 21 GDPR) by either using the tools provided on the platform or by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading at the end of this policy. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Who do we share your personal information with?
The data collected by us will not be sold. We provide information that we obtain to third parties exclusively to the extent described in the following:
- Affiliated companies
- Service providers
- SuperOffice CRM
When you subscribe to our newsletter, on our behalf “SuperOffice Customer Relationship Management” (SuperOffice CRM) stores the data you have entered for the sending of the newsletter. SuperOffice CRM will also only share your information with Gaia-X approved subcontractors to fulfill their contractual obligations. Beyond that, no passing on to third parties will take place. SuperOffice CRM will also not contact you. SuperOffice CRM is our processor and acts solely according to our specifications.
- Protection of Gaia-X and third parties
We disclose personal data when we are legally obliged to do so, or when such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and those of third parties.
- Recipients outside of the EU
We do not forward your data to recipients with headquarters outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area.
How to contact us
We take our privacy obligations very seriously. If you have any questions, concerns or think that we may have breached our privacy law obligations, we ask that you tell us by sending an email using the contact details set out below. If you have any concerns or think that we may have breached our privacy law obligations, we ask that you explain your reasons in detail. We will investigate and aim to respond as soon as possible. We will try and work with you to resolve any concerns or dispute.
Please feel free to contact us through one of the following methods:
Gaia-X AISBL Avenue des Arts 6-9 1210 Bruxelles/Brussels Belgium
Data Protection Officer
Arnaud Vanitterbeek Arnaud.Vanitterbeek@laurius.be
We may amend this policy from time to time, by publishing a new version on our website. You can see the date of the last revision at the beginning of this policy. All information held by us is governed by the latest version of this policy.