June 27 @ 10:00 - 12:30 CEST
Welcome to the Gaia-X Public Sector Data Space Event! In recent years, the public sector in Europe has undergone a significant digital transformation, resulting in a tremendous increase in the exchange of data. To fully prosper in this data-driven economy, Gaia-X provides a framework for better data availability, improving the production and distribution of content, developing and establishing new business models, and stimulating socio-economic growth and innovation.
Gaia-X supports European organisations to prosper fully in a data-driven economy. Because better data availability, supported by the Gaia-X framework, aids in improving the state responses and stimulates socio-economical growth and innovation.
The aim of this event is to inform representatives of the public sector in Europe about public sector activities and ideas for creating and establishing public sector dataspaces. Our message is clear: you’re not alone, we aim at fostering contacts, exchanging our knowledge and learning from each other. We believe that cooperation within the public sector vertical is the key to success.
We hope to see you at the Gaia-X Public Sector Data Space Event! By attending, you will have the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in public sector dataspaces, share your ideas and experiences, and connect with other professionals from the public sector. Together, we can achieve great things!
- 10:00 – 10:10 – Welcome and Introduction, Francesco Bonfiglio, Gaia-X CEO
- 10:10 – 10:30 – Keynote speech – DGA and implications for public sector, Hubert Tardieu, Gaia-X Independent Board Member
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Presentation of Use Cases (3 Gaia-X Hubs)
- Flanders Smart Data Space, Simon Claus, Project/Solution manager, Programma Smart Data Diensten – Team VSDS, DIGITAAL VLAANDEREN
- Enabling data-sharing within public administration by replicating open-source data platforms, Nicholas Schliffke, Geo Solution Manager, Dataport
- Data space as the engine for the next level digital public services, Antti ‘Jogi’ Poikola, Lead and Data Architecture Specialist, Sitra
- 11:00 – 12.00 – Panel Discussion: Needs and challenges for establishing public sector data spaces (Representatives of EU governments)
- Tina Siegfried, Dataport, Strategic corporate management
- Confirmed speakers:
- Dr Christina Schmidt Holtmann, Head of Divison, Data availability, Digital Sovereignty, SPRIND, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action
- M. Marius Posa, Undersecretary of State for the Romanian Ministry of Research, Innovation and Digitalization
- Heidrun Strohmeyer, Strategic Expert Digital Skills, Austrian Federal Ministry of Finance
- Representative Spanish Government
- Representative French Government
- 12:00 – 12:20 – European Commission’s vision and mission towards Public Sector Data Space – Manuel Mateo Goyet, Deputy Head of Unit – Cloud & Software, Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology
- 12:20 – 12:30 – Conclusions and Q&A