DevRel / Technical Evangelist (m/w/x)
Established in 2021 as a privately funded not-for-profit Association, Gaia-X brings together an international community of different players from different sectors that aim to boost the European data economy by enabling the creation of common data spaces in full alignment with the objectives of the EU’s data strategy and building an open common standard for transparent, controllable and interoperable data infrastructures.
Open to anyone but aligned to the European values of human-centricity, transparency, openness and sovereignty, Gaia-X’s ambition is to deliver unprecedented opportunities for innovative data-driven business models reducing the dependency on non-controllable technologies.
Further information on www.gaia-x.eu
We are looking for a Developer Relations and Technical Evangelist able to break down the complex technical details in an easy-to-understand language, write it in a clear and concise format; an expert with rock-solid writing skills, able to research on complex technical topics and engage with the relevant stakeholders, when necessary.
As Developer/technical evangelist, you should feel comfortable educating developers on a specific Gaia-X technology by building the OSS community, creating technical level content, and improving the developer experience surrounding Gaia-X.
- Remote Work and presence in Brussel’s HQ monthly (3-4 days)
Role & Responsibilities:
- Transcribe presentations done by the CTO office into articles and in cooperation and liaison with the editorial team.
- In cooperation with the comms team: create awareness about Gaia-X, through written and spoken technical content – for example, being able to conduct an interview, draft an article on that basis, write blog posts, magazine articles and make tutorial videos for developer audiences.
- Support our Open-Source Community to write technical but digestible content to animate the developer community.
- Capture and transcribe Gaia-X Groups inputs into content to be integrated in the Gaia-X Specifications.
- You are a developer at heart with some development skills, with a good understanding of the ways, needs, and likes of the developer community.
- You have minimum 2 years in the role of Technical Content Expert/Editor/Technical or Developer Reviewer or similar
- You have more than 2 years of experience with Content Marketing for developer products (or a similar offering)
- You are comfortable using documentation set-ups made by developers, for developers.
- You have relevant experience in technical writing, digital content management, journalism, or reporter in the field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and high-tech.
- You have an excellent English level, both written and spoken
- You already have experience with documentation as a technical writer.
- You recognise having excellent communication skills, with the talent of explaining complex topics in a simple and accurate way.
- You have a sound ability to summarise and have an excellent capacity to report on complex technical issues and to stay on top of IT market trends particularly related to cloud computing and IT operations technologies required.
- You have experience in writing or editing content about cloud computing for a technical IT audience.
- A full-time role in a dynamic, flexible, and international working environment, where you can take initiative, responsibility and grow professionally.
- Joining one of the leading associations in Brussels and being at the heart of one of the biggest projects in Europe.
- A competitive salary based on experience and merits.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 27/01/2023 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: email@example.com indicating Your Name – DevRel and Technical Evangelist in the subject.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis; we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.