Established in 2021 as a privately funded not-for-profit Association, Gaia-X brings together an international community of different players from different sectors that aim to boost the European data economy by enabling the creation of common data spaces in full alignment with the objectives of the EU’s data strategy and building an open common standard for transparent, controllable and interoperable data infrastructures.
Open to anyone but aligned to the European values of human-centricity, transparency, openness and sovereignty, Gaia-X’s ambition is to deliver unprecedented opportunities for innovative data-driven business models reducing the dependency on non-controllable technologies.
More information on http://www.gaia-x.eu.
The Functional Analyst is part of the CTO Delivery team which is in close collaboration with the COO office and accountable to delivers Gaia-X Specifications, the Open-Source Software produced by the Association and Gaia-X Label. Details can be found here https://docs.gaia-x.eu/framework/
The person will be reporting to the Project Manager and has the role to translate the Gaia-X Working Group discussions and output of the Request Management Process into content that can be integrated in the Gaia-X documents. This includes both technical and functional specifications, that can be later implemented in software.
- Hybrid, Lille, France area with frequently travel to Brussels
- Travel to/from headquarter or other location required on demand (typically monthly)
Role & Responsibility:
- Joining and following up with the activity and planed work of the Gaia-X Working Groups
- Supporting the Gaia-X Working Groups Leads with the release of the Gaia-X functional specifications
- Actively progresses work in the Gaia-X Working Groups and reports regularly on progress to the Project Manager
- Making sure the content of the Gaia-X functional specifications is consistent, written in an easy-to-understand language, and can be translated into software
- Working with the COO team on the planning of the Gaia-X documents releases
- Working with the Technical Team Lead on the release of the Gaia-X Open-Source Software.
- Master’s degree in computer science.
- Relevant experience with open-source ways of working
- Relevant experience with writing technical specifications
- Relevant experience in Cloud Architecture is a must.
- Relevant experience in Software Development is a must.
- Familiar with Markdown and Git
- Work with Agile methodology
- Be able to steer and lead discussions, to reformulate natural language in technical specification
- Knowledgeable in cloud and data technologies
- Good communicator
- Fluent in English
- An international, multicultural, open-minded working environment with a collaborative, hands-on approach, room to take additional responsibilities and open communication through all levels with strong links to the senior management of Gaia-X
- Flexible working model (onsite/remote) and contract options to welcome smart people like you who are willing to make a difference
- Flat hierarchies, freedom to act, and inspiring, enthusiastic colleagues
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 10/03/2023 Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating Your Name – Functional Analyst in the subject.
Please follow the application instructions. Incomplete or wrongly submitted applications will be disregarded.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.