Project Support Officer (m/w/x)
Gaia-X is the European Association for Data and Cloud AISBL with a mission to design a federated data infrastructure focusing on data sovereignty and availability, based on European standards and values. In a six-month period, more than 300 companies and organizations have already actively participated in the design of Gaia-X. Of these, 75 per cent belong to the private sector, 40% of which are small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
The federation concept creates room for self-determination, which in Europe is greatly appreciated, and provides the basis for innovations. Gaia-X will define common mechanisms to enable interoperability and portability of data and services across multiple cloud sources, thus enabling a new era of the European digital economy. The joint endeavour of hundreds of representatives from business industries, research institutions and government, aims to create new rules for cloud and data services to let organizations and individuals retain full control over their data and empower them to make independent decisions about how and who can access it.
Further information on www.gaia-x.eu
We are looking for a “Project Support Officer (m/w/x)” to work in close cooperation with the CTO and the COO teams, both on technical and communication project activities.
- Onsite and/or remote presence in Brussels’ HQ monthly
Role & Responsibility:
- You will work closely with the Operations Manager and the Membership Office to prepare internal and external communication content
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and development of our Intranet
- You will support the CTO Team with your Java and HTML knowledge
- You will be responsible for providing full-service planning and technical support for virtual and in-person events.
- You will manage meeting preparation, supplies ordering, and packing/shipping of event materials
- You will support the development of events feedback surveys and handling of post-events conclusion reports
- You are excellent at preparing PowerPoint Slide Shows for our Members Communication
- You are excellent in English at proofreading text to ensure high-quality published content
- You have excellent knowledge of WordPress as you will be responsible for maintaining our Intranet
- You have very solid knowledge in HTML and Java (and PHP) to support our internal communication and external communication with our members
- You will work with the COO Team in alignment with our Communications Department
- You are willing to grow and take over additional tasks.
- You are a structured, well-organized and proactive team player with a hands-on mentality, fluent in English and at least one other European language.
- An international, multicultural, open-minded work environment with a collaborative, hands-on approach, room to take additional responsibilities and open communication through all levels with strong links to the senior management of Gaia-X
- Flexible working model (onsite/remote) and contract options to welcome smart people like you who are willing to make a difference
- Flat hierarchies, freedom to act, and inspiring, enthusiastic colleagues
- Joining one of the leading associations in Brussels and being at the heart of one of the biggest projects in Europe
- A competitive salary based on experiences and merits
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 17/02/2023 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: email@example.com indicating Your Name – Project Support Officer in the subject.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.