- This event has passed.
March 18 @ 11:00 - 16:20 UTC+2
18 March 2022, in Talavera de la Reina, Castilla La Macha, the Government of Spain, through the Secretariat of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence is celebrating the Constituent Assembly of the Spanish Hub of Gaia X, seeking to support the Association’s mission in data sharing and digital sovereignty and aims to ensure data availability, interoperability, portability and compliance with European standards and values.
Read the full announcement here.
- 11.00 – 11.05 Welcome address
- Tita García Élez, mayoress of Talavera de la Reina
- 11.05 – 11.10 Video presentation Gaia-X España
- 11.10 – 11.25 Closing speeches
- Nadia Calviño, First Vice-president and Minister of Economic Affairs and Digital Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation
- Emiliano García-Page, President of Castile-La Mancha
- 11.25 – 12.00 Coffee break networking
- 12.05 – 12.15 Opening of the Constituent Assembly
- Carme Artigas, Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence
- 12.15 – 12.25 Introductory speech
- Daniel Saez-Domingo, Board of Directors of Gaia-X Aisbl
- 12.30 – 13.00 II STRATEGIC FORUM ON DATA SOVEREIGNTY
- Data as a lever for industrial competitiveness
- Esther Borao, Director General ITAINNOVA
- Nuria Avalos, General Manager INDESIA
- Lasse Rouhiainen, Associate Professor and international keynote speaker.
- Jorge Núñez, CEO Adquiver
- 13.00 – 13.30 Presentation of the Association and work prior to the constituent assembly.
- Constituent assembly
- Appointment of secretariats of the Constituent Assembly
- Constituent Assembly (minor and major by age).
- Reading of the statutes and approval
- Representative of the headquarters of the Association of Gaia-X Spain as a member of the member of the promoter group together with other representatives of the promoter group.
- 13.30 – 14.15 Constitution of the Board of Directors
- Presentation of candidatures for the position of candidate member
- 14.15 – 15.15 Break
- Time for lunch
- 15.15 – 15.30 Presentation on the Data Office
- Alberto Palomo, Chief Data Officer of the Spanish Government
- 15.30 – 16.00 Presentation of voting results and nomination
- Secretaries of the Constituent Assembly
- Short speech by the members of the Board of Directors
- 16.00 – 16.10 Signing of the Founding Charter
- 16.10 – 16.20 Institutional Closure
- Juan Alfonso Ruiz Molina, Regional Minister of Finance and Public Administrations of the Junta of Castilla-La Mancha
The event agenda in Spanish is available here.