Backend Software Developer (m/w/x)
Established in 2021 as a privately funded not-for-profit Association, Gaia-X brings together an international community of different players from different sectors that aim to boost the European data economy by enabling the creation of common data spaces in full alignment with the objectives of the EU’s data strategy and building an open common standard for transparent, controllable and interoperable data infrastructures.
Open to anyone but aligned to the European values of human-centricity, transparency, openness and sovereignty, Gaia-X’s ambition is to deliver unprecedented opportunities for innovative data-driven business models reducing the dependency on non-controllable technologies.
More information on http://www.gaia-x.eu.
We are looking for a Backend Software Developer and offering the unique opportunity to join a highly visible and fast-growing organisation and boost the communications strategy by directly contributing to delivering a range of high-profile events, in-person, hybrid and virtual, to large audiences.
Role & Responsibility:
As a Backend developer, you’ll join the Gaia-X CTO office and directly report to the CTO
- Your work will be focused on the implementation of the Gaia-X compliance rules and Gaia-X testbeds
- You are also expected to be involved in the early phase of the Gaia-X specifications for experiments and prototyping (the Gaia-X Lab)
- You will work with an open-source community of developers and should be able to review external contributions to our codebase (merge-requests, pull-requests)
- Hybrid role in Lille, France area with frequent travel to Brussels, Belgium
- Bachelor or Master’s in Computer Science
- Min 3 years in the role of Software Developer using open-source software
- Min 1 year of remote work experience
- Relevant development experience with contributions to open-source software projects
- Knowledge of Frameworks such as NestJS or equivalent
- Familiar with asynchronous programming, asymmetric encryption, and authorisation framework (async/await, OAuth2.0, OpenID Connect)
- Capable of designing, developing and deploying REST APIs with versioning, filtering, paging, caching, searching, etc.
- Experience with the release process: Source code control (Gitlab), unit/functional tests, CI/CD etc., including writing developer documentation (README.md, readthedocs-style, OpenAPI)
- You are tech-savvy mindset and autodidact
- You recognise being proactive and autonomous
- You have a strong appetite for automation
- Your spoken and written English is excellent
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover note by 24/02/2023 to Mr. Alberto Curatolo – Head of Finance and Administration: email@example.com indicating Your Name – Back-end Developer in the subject.
Please follow the application instructions. Incomplete or wrongly submitted applications will be disregarded.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis: we therefore strongly advise candidates to apply as soon as possible.