- This event has passed.
June 9, 2022 @ 09:30 - 16:00 UTC+1
The European Tourism sector is highly beneficial, yet highly fragmented. In this instance, Gaia-X is aiming at making European tourism data available to improve the capacity to attract tourists by receiving improved and tailored experience offers through centering the sector on the customer and their needs. Better data availability would aid in the development and establishment of new businesses. Personal data must be kept private so that citizens have complete control. The Gaia-X framework allows for the creation of sovereign and federated tourism data spaces that can be deployed with confidence and at scale. These data spaces federate existing data initiatives and invite new initiatives to join the federation in order to better manage tourism for both tourists and local inhabitants by predicting tourists’ and marketeers’ demands in real time and responding almost immediately.
The event report is available here.
The speakers’ bio and pictures are available here.
Chapter 1: General Session
The recording is available here.
The presentations are available here.
- 09:30 – 09:35 – Welcome & Opening: Francesco Bonfiglio, Gaia-X CEO
- 09:35 – 09:45 – Εvent Keynote Opening – Recording:Carme Artigas Brugal, Secretary of State for Digitalisation and AI, Spanish National Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation
- 09:45 – 10:00 – Keynote: Ministry perspective – European Commission perspective on a Tourism Data Ecosystem to accelerate the economy: Yvo Volman, Director for Data, DG CNECT
- 10:00 – 10:15 – Keynote: Tourism innovation ecosystems – Recording: Natalia Bayona, Director Innovation, Education, and Investments, World Tourism Organization UNWTO
Overview of the Gaia-X Tourism dataspace landscape in Europe:
- 10:15 – 10:30 – Keynote: The European Regional Practice for Competitive and Sustainable Tourism:Ms Ana Moniche Bermejo
Senior Analyst, Turismo Andaluz and NECSTouR Tourism of Tomorrow Lab and Cristina Núñez, Director Necstour
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Spanish Hub of Gaia-X:Dolores Ordóñez, Director, Director AnySolution, vice-president Spanish hub Gaia-X
- 10:45 – 11:00 – Data Sharing and Transition of Tourism: Misa Labarile Policy Officer DG GROW and Kirsti Ala-Mutka, Policy Officer DG GROW
- 11:00 – 11:15 – Portuguese Tourism Initiatives: Sérgio Guerreiro, Visit Portugal – National Ministry of Tourism of Portugal
- 11:15 – 11:30 – Italian Tourism Initiatives:Francesco Paolo Schiavo, General Director of Tourism, Ministry of Tourism Italy
- 11:30 – 11:45 – Greek Tourism Initiatives: Stavroula Kefala, Head, Directorate of Research, Ministry of Tourism and Dr Panayiota Dionysopoulou, Director General for Tourism Policy, Ministry of Tourism Greece
- 11:45 – 12:00 – EONA-X: Karine Feige, Directrice Générale, Apidae
- 12:00 – 12:15 – Mastercard: Petr Zlamalik, Director Government and Public Services, Advisors Business Development, Mastercard
Pillars of a tourism data space:
- 12:15 – 12:30 – Keynote: The European Tourism Landscape & its digitalisation: Maribel Rodríguez, Senior Vice President, WTTC
- 12:30 – 12:45 – Architecture/Platforms: Alberto Palomo, Dani Sáez
- 12:45 – 13:00 – Setting up a roadmap: Jean-François Cases, Vice-President Intangibles data Value and RD, associate General Counsel
Amadeus Vice-President-Associate General Counsel Intangibles, Data Value and R&D EONA-X President Mobility, Transport & Tourism Data Space
- 13:00 – 13:15 – Regulations: Eric Pol, Chairman, aNewGovernance
- 13:15 – 13:30 – Code of Conduct for data sharing in tourism: Emmanuel Mounier, Secretary General, EUTravelTech
13:30 – 14:00 – Break
Chapter 2: Breakout / Panel sessions
The recording is available here.
- 14:00 – 14:45 – #1 Smart Destinations: – Moderator: Olivier Dion, CTO, Themis-X
- Giovanna Galasso, Associate Partner, Intellera consulting
- Pedro Homar, Managing Director, Palma’s DMO (Fundacion Turismo Palma 365)
- Carlos Romero, Innovation Director, SEGITTUR
- Steven Valcke, Researcher, Visit Flanders
- 14:45 – 15:15 – #2 Tourism value chain – Moderator: Alessio Sidoti, EU consultant, Intellera Consulting
- Richard Hunkel, Head of Open Data & Digital Projects, GNTB – Deutsche Zentrale für Tourismus
- Dolores Ordóñez, Director, AnySolution, vice-president Spanish hub Gaia-X
- Martin Soutschek, Director R&D, Outdooractive AG
- 15:15 – 16:00 – #3 Technological enablers – Moderator: Silvia Castellvi, Senior Consultant, IDSA
- Jesús Alonso, Consulting & Marketing Manager, ATOS
- IVAN GUTIERREZ, Senior Cybersecurity Researcher, TECNALIA
- Patrick Hebant, Associate Director – Dataspace Ecosystem / Dalactee, Amadeus
- Juanjo Hierro, Chief Technology Officer, FIWARE Foundation